It really wasn’t all that long ago that strapping on a corset took more than one person and certainly more than just a few minutes. Fortunately, the uncomfortable act of simply getting ready for the day was left in the 1800s.
Women today can easily find their waistlines by just pulling on a specially designed undergarment.
Face it. Women want to look good. We are aware of our every bulge and sagging piece of skin and, while an exciting time, pregnancy and the months following can leave us longing for our pre-pregnancy bodies.
Today’s pregnancy girdle and postpartum belts are designed for the 21st century woman — those who can’t be stopped and can’t afford to slow down.
But, unfortunately, postpartum recovery can be harder than it seems. From complications after a C-section, to lower back pains and just plain wanting to look good again, even the strongest of women occasionally need a little extra support.
Slim Down and Feel Great
Women who wear a pregnancy girdle or postpartum belt often can’t believe the compliments they begin to quickly receive.
- Wearing a pregnancy girdle allows women to wear normal clothes longer by covering up unzipped or unbuttoned pants. For support after delivery, postpartum belts help to slim down and smooth that excess stomach skin that can take some time to go away.
- Many women with diastasis recti face an even more difficult time because the walls of the stomach have separated due to pregnancy and C-section.
- The postpartum girdle provides gentle, even compression to assist in closing the gap between the abdominal muscles. And in the meantime, mom looks great while the corset goes to work!
Prevent a number of uncomfortable situations
Wearing a girdle after pregnancy can help prevent a number of uncomfortable situations, alleviating the discomfort associated with the many changes that rapidly occur in nine months.
- A pregnancy girdle provides gentle compression to help support the uterus during physical activity and encourages correct posture.
- For postpartum women, wearing a girdle can protect the site of a C-section incision, shortening recovery time and allowing new moms to experience less discomfort when doing regular tasks, like feeding, carrying and walking baby.
- The postpartum belt also helps to correct the misalignment of the spine and sensitivities in the lower back that can occur after pregnancy.
Pregnant or postpartum – the best girdles and belts not only offer a slimmer, smoother figure, but offer long-term, long-lasting results.