Having the Right Postpartum Support is Important
Women today understand the importance of having the right support after giving birth to their babies and this support comes in many forms:
- Family and friends
- Postpartum Doulas
- Support Groups
- Postpartum Belly Band
For most women the thought of wearing a postpartum belly band seems foreign, but those who take the leap and try postpartum belly bands are pleasantly surprised with the support.
There is an increasing demand for postpartum belly bands and a big surge of companies who manufacture compression garments has taken place over the past few years. This makes choosing the best girdles even more difficult.
What Should You Look for in a Postpartum Belly Band?
The best girdles will fit tightly around the torso but will not cause pain or discomfort. The right postpartum belly band should be:
- FDA Registered.
- Safe for use after a C-Section.
- Have compression panels for both abdominal and back support.
- Be adjustable.
How Will a Postpartum Belly Band Help?
A postpartum belly band can really help women:
- Reach their postpartum recovery goals and body shape.
- Improve back posture to relieve back pain.
- Support their weakened abdomen.
- Improve their range of motion.
- Feel more supported which helps women to care for their babies without pain.
When choosing the best girdles it’s important to speak with your Doctor to ensure that wearing a postpartum belly band is right for you.